We are pleased to announce the organisation of the International Training Week of Sites & Cités Remarquables which will take place from 14 to 18 November 2022 in Rouen and Elbeuf-sur-Seine (simultaneous videoconference broadcast) on the theme “Heritage, mediation and citizen participation”.
Organised in partnership with the Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs, the Ministry of Culture and with the support of the City of Rouen, Elbeuf-sur-Seine, the Metropole Rouen Normandie, the Normandy Region and the Embassies of the partner countries, this training course is aimed at international project managers working in the fields of heritage, architecture, culture and tourism.
As citizen appropriation of heritage and ancient centres is a major issue for many local authorities and associations, Sites & Cités has chosen “Heritage, mediation and citizen participation” as the theme of the Week.
Through indoor workshops presenting French and international experiences, and field visits, this week will provide a concrete and complete training to 15 international project managers, French or English speaking, on the following themes:
- Build an integrated strategy for the enhancement of heritage
- Improve the ownership of heritage and the living environment by the citizens
- Offer inhabitants new spaces and new uses, at the crossroads of heritage, social and economic issues
- Facilitate access to heritage and develop digital tools for heritage
- Make young people ambassadors of their heritage
Please find attached a document, in French and in English, with the conditions of participation for international participants and the forward programme of the Week.